How to Use Social Networking Site LinkedIn to Generate Lead With $0 Budget?
LinkedIn which is promoting itself as “The Definitive Professional Publishing Platform“ – it’s way more than that.
When it comes to lead generation for business, LinkedIn is the best social networking site for B2B marketing.
Great things in business are never done by one person. They’re done by a team of people – Steve Jobs
LinkedIn is the best platform for an individual or a company to be connected professionally. It is one of the social networking sites that not only connect professionally but also allow to find work and share content.
But you ever came up with the idea of using LinkedIn for lead generation with $0 budget?
What’s in the article?
- Importance of LinkedIn for B2B marketing
- Why Linkedin over Google+?
- Best LinkedIn lead generation strategy with $0 budget
LinkedIn a social networking site founded on December 28, 2002, and launched on May 5, 2003, designed especially for the business community.
The main goal of this social media site is to build a professional connection with the registered users by allowing employers to post jobs and job seekers to post their CVs.
According to Wikipedia “LinkedIn is a business and employment oriented service that operates via websites and mobile apps.”
It gives huge opportunities for a business to build their professional connection which ultimately leads to a lead generation for their business.
It is also very helpful for the job seeker in finding their dream jobs, as lots of company use this social networking sites as a primary source of recruiting a new employee.
Importance of LinkedIn for B2B marketing
B2B marketing an important part of digital marketing is not a cup of tea. LinkedIn has emerged as one of the best and most popular social networking sites to reach to the business prospect and build a connection with other professionals.
With niche community, it has an advantage and with content marketing in demand, it’s going to be a hole for B2B marketers with lots of advantages.
A study escorted by Social Media Examiner explained that Facebook and Twitter are the main social networking sites for B2C marketers whereas B2B marketers prefer LinkedIn.
LinkedIn is used by 43% of B2B marketers in their social media marketing strategy, while only 12% marketers opt this platform to promote their products and services.
Linkedin Over Google
Google+ – It has been around for several years and was the fastest growing social media in networking history. It offers a very integrated approach to social media, rather than simply the traditional news feed. While it does have a newsfeed, it is arranged completely differently for a broader appeal than Facebook and LinkedIn’s more linear fashion.
LinkedIn – It may not have Google’s brand of engineers, which are some of the best – and highest compensated – in the world.However, LinkedIn does have other strengths: for starters, it’s a social media site aimed exclusively towards the business and professional market. The obvious benefit is that people log on to LinkedIn with expressly professional intent.
Hence, searching for the proper market segmentation is not an issue with LinkedIn.
This lends support to the hopes that any digital content produced for LinkedIn will not display sandwiched between baby videos and cat memes, unlike other social media sites.
Top Reason Why LinkedIn is the first choice for B2B marketers
- A social platform with the largest database of professionals (500 million+) which help in building the reputation of the company and individual
- A great platform for lead generation for the business
- It allows all its user including brands to publish content directly to the platform, which allows every business and users to showcase their product, service or thought leadership through an article, video, or PPT
Best LinkedIn lead generation strategy with $0 budget
As said earlier, LinkedIn is the house of professionals. So, you need to be very careful in creating a strategy for the lead generation.
One wrong step may cause some serious damage to your brand reputation. So you need be extra careful while creating strategies.
Don’t worry, today I am going to show you the best strategy for lead generation with $0 budget.
There are some key points that need to be followed during the profile setup, which are –
- Your profile picture should be well placed and should clearly show your face
- Your profile headline should be more informative (it should indicate your Skills along with your designation)
- If you are Service Provider don’t forget to provide your telephone number.
- Always try to send a connection request to the people whom you know
- Before sending a connection request to any specific connections, try to get a maximum number of recommendation
- Avoid sending connection on the basis of your existing connection to your target connection otherwise, the targeter might report your connection as Spam.
- Try to make summary more informative and should be well structured (Grouping the Information and Breaking them with a line break).
- Try to make your previous job title relevant to your current ones
Things to keep in mind
- Do not congrats anyone on their birthday or work anniversary unless you know them.
- After accepting the connection request, Immediately send him/her message saying thanks for add. And also include what services do you offer.
Try to keep your content length short. As it sends a notification to all your present connection including your most valuable connection. It can lead to negative impact.
You need to be more honest and relevant while setting up a profile on LinkedIn. So we can get maximum benefit from it.
Here is the video by SEMrush which gives an in-depth view of the all the strategies mentioned above.