15 True Blog Promotion Ways To Promote Your Blog Effectively
A blog post without a proper promotion is like a body without soul. It takes a lot of hard work to create a blog but many times this hard work does not yield results because of limited blog promotion.
How to promote your blog? It’s a question that most marketers struggle with.
To have a successful blog, it is important to understand various techniques that help you increase the visibility and blog traffic.
The main purpose of writing this post is because this is the area we need to improve, for success of the blog.
We do a lot of hard works to create a great blog post, but due to limited blog promotion ways, we don’t get the desired results.
We could do so much more to promote our blog. But when I searched the topic “Blog promotion ways”, I wasn’t getting a lot of ideas that would really help us find the best blog promotion ways for us.
So I chose to share my research with you to help you promote your blog in more effective ways.
Read this post and choose your own blog promotion ways which better suit you to promote your blog.
You don’t need to try every one. It is just meant to inspire you with new ideas, try new ways how to promote your blog and increase your blog traffic.
Here we go,
1. Write Great Content
While writing a blog one must keep in mind the following:
- Uniqueness– A well-written blog is unique and refreshing. Find out your USP and let people know why they are reading your blog and why should they pay attention to it.
- Helpful- If your blog isn’t solving the reader’s problem, then it isn’t worth reading. Always question yourself after writing a blog, “Is it helping anyone?”. If the answer to it is No, then you must start rewriting it.
- Storytelling- It has been observed that people connect better with stories. Anyone sharing their personalized experience in the form of the story always attracts more readers than those in normal boring facts enlisted in a paragraph.
- Quote experts- quoting excerpts from the experts can really help you earn people’s trust and improve the credibility of your content. It helps you to justify your opinions by proofs given by the experts, supporting and validating your content.
- Remain trend updated- people often get attracted to whatever is trending and want to know more angles on it. You can provide them with a good read as well as informing them about the updates.
2. Proper keyword research
Make sure that you perform good keyword research so that your content is easily searchable. It won’t be very wise if created an amazing content but people could not find it.
It is good practice to do proper keyword research before publishing a blog or an article. Combining a keyword research strategy with your content marketing strategy will go a long way to boost your blog traffic.
3. Use visuals
We are all visual creatures. It is very important to invest in your content design. Most of the people you reach out are very busy and hence they won’t read every single word you write, hence the more appealing your content is, the better it is for you. Remember an image is all about text overlay. Any image can be justified with a simple text.
Research shows that 40% of the people respond better to visual info than plain text. Not only this research shows you can boost your blog traffic by 12% by using Infographic.
Here are some benefits which visual content can provide to your website or blog.
- 80% content what you see is retained.
- 86% videos are used on landing pages.
- 40X visual contents are more shareable
In the infographic below from OneSpot highlights a number of statistics describing the power of visual content.
4. Building a Relationship
A blog promotion will be very effective if you build relationships first rather than asking straight away for a share.
The following ways can help you build a healthy relationship with various groups:
- Try to have a real conversation with people. Don’t try to network your way into a link building. This way will really help you well in your blog promotions in long term.
- Nurture dependable and loyal audience base, and treat them with special attention. Encouraging them will help you build a trustworthy fan base for your blog, who is actually attached to your content.
- Give what you get. It is very important to share others content on social media. It is a long game with huge payoff. Helping the content writers and your followers will make them happy and they will pay more attention to your next piece of content.
- Use social media to network and engage and that too with an intent to genuinely share and not spam.
- Mention relevant people on your blog and ask them to get involved in conversations.
5. Know your target audience
It is really important to know all the people you are planning to target with your blog. Target audience plays a huge role in the success of the blog and its promotion.
- Understand their most complex problem and provide them with deciding solution of the same.
- Revisit them from time to time to see if their problem is being taken care of and what more help can you provide them with your content.
- Create personas of your group and subgroup targets so that you have a list of their interests and needs in your industry.
- Match your content to the need of the target audience.
6. Build your Email list
Email one of the best ways that every successful blogger uses for the success and promotion of their blog. For every marketer, it is in top 3 sources to drive traffic to their blog.
It’s the best way to adapt organic traffic into committed readers who regularly see the great stuff you’re publishing and keep coming back to your blog.
Always focus on turning traffic into email subscribers because they’re more liable than any other audience.
You can Use lead magnet where you give a specific snippet of information in exchange for their email id.
I personally recommend you sign up with MailChimp and start building your list immediately for free. MailChimp is free for the first 2000 subscribers.
7. Perform a targeted distribution
Here are some ideas to get started with targeted distribution
- Start with people who have already shared a similar content.
- Always choose people who are active on social media and sharing contents.
- Then share it with the content specific targets. That way you need not ask for promotion as they would already be hungry for reading on those topics and they would automatically share your articles without asking.
- Try tagging brands or influencers you have mentioned in your articles and then try reaching out to them in order to review your article. Chances of them sharing your article are highly likely.
8. Maximize the potential of social media
When you opt for social media to promote your blog, the opportunities are almost unlimited. But there are surely the big ones which you want to include in your blog promotion ways.
- Facebook – 1 * 2 posts per day between 1 to 4 pm with image size of 1200*1200
- Twitter – 5 * 7 tweets per day between 12 to 4 pm with image size of 1024*1024
- LinkedIn – 1 * 2 posts per day between 10 to 11 am and 5–6 p.m. right before and after work.
- Google+ – 1 * 2 posts per day between 9 to 11 am
- Pinterest – 1 * 2 posts per day between 7 to 11 pm with image size of 736*1104
- Tumblr – 1 * 2 posts per day between 7 to 11 pm with image size of 500*700
- Instagram – 5 * 7 tweets per day between 11 to 2 pm with image size of 1080*1080
Here are some tips that should be considered before publishing on social media
- Note audience’s schedule and timing before publishing. Publish only in the active hours.
- Share on more social platforms instead of just one.
- Retweet and do it at regular intervals, multiple times for more visibility to every reader.
- Always promote older evergreen content
9. Perform cross-promotion of your blog with other blogger
Find a blogger with a related niche to yours and see if you can perform ‘shout out exchange’ with that blogger. In other words, you mention them on your blog and they mention you on theirs.
10. Google Alerts
Google alert can help you to keep a record of the new content on the web and send the email updates to your registered email id.
When new content related to your query gets indexed in the Google you will get the email notifications.
Use Google alerts to find out what people are talking related to your content. Let the readers know that you have a similar content by publishing the relevant content.
11. Paid Promotion
- Make use of remarketing to re-engage 80% of your visitors. Remarketing is the process of showing ads to the visitors who’ve already visited your blog.
- Use Google Adwords and Bing Ads to roll some search engine marketing (SEM).
- Utilize the content advertising platform like Outbrain, Taboola, and Zemanta to promote your blog.
- Use Facebook ads to boost your post and increase your post reach.
12. Publish more article in a month
The best and most effective ways to boost blog traffic is by publishing more article. Hubspot research shows that business gets 3.5X more traffic and 4.5X more leads if monthly blog posts are 16+ than businesses whose monthly blog posts are between 0 – 5.
13. Publish Longer Content
Research by many well-established sites and bloggers show that Google and other search engines award longer and comprehensive content. Researched performed by serpIQ which analyzed over 20,000 keywords for top 10 results came to find that content that has more than 2000 words rank better on Google than content with fewer words.
Joint research by Buzzsumo with Moz found that articles that are between 3,000 to 10,000 words get 2X shares and 3X the links content that has fewer than 1,000 words.
14. Guest Blog: The most effective blog promotion ways
Guest blogging is not only effective for earning high-authoritative backlinks but also the fastest ways to grow your blog. When you write for a blog that is much bigger than yours, you will be allowed to have a bio that contains a link to your site. These blog promotion ways can result in a lot of traffic for you.
15. Create blogger outreach plan to promote your blog
Whenever you publish a new article make sure you’ve proper blogger outreach plan. Make a list of relevant blogger that you can connect via email or social media and ask them to share or link to your article. By adopting these blog promotion ways you will not only build a healthy relationship but also boost your blog traffic.
Here are some point which you should consider before creating blogger outreach plan
- Share your blog posts with the blogger who’ve shared related content.
- Go for the people who’ve written similar content.
- Mention influencers in your posts and let them know.
- Publish round-up posts to reach new audiences.
- Get on round-up emails for the expansion of your reach.
Now I want to turn it over to you:
Which blog promotion ways you are going to use to promote your blog and boost your blog traffic?
Let me know by leaving a comment below right now.